harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tip: reference svn entries using rXXX
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 08:57:04 GMT
Is there any way we can couple the mailing list postings to JIRA?

I often find it hard to go back and find the -dev list discussions we
have had for particular issues.  If we could have links from JIRA to a
mail archive of subject headers containing HARMONY-XYZ tags that would
be great.

Regards
Tim

Leo Simons wrote:
> Just a random tip...
>
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 06:13:05AM +0000, Stepan Mishura (JIRA) wrote:
>> Fixed in LUNI module at repo revision 405648. Please check that the fix resolved
your issue.

> Similarly to having eg "HARMONY-454" in the commit logs instead of "issue 454" so that
> it is easier to machine-parse and associated commits with issues (neat how jira makes
> the xref innit?), specifying SVN revisions as rXXXXX, so eg "r405648" makes them easier
> to machine-detect 'n stuff (specifically, the SVN team has scripts in contrib/ that
> operate on that principle).
>
> cheers!
>
> LSD

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)