harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supporting working on a single module?
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 08:26:03 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> Perhaps this is a bit of an aside, but one of the biggest difficulties I
> have when trying to develop against a single module is the availability of
> the test support classes. Currently, I run the ant build and run the
> 'compile-support' to build the test support classes. Then in Eclipse, I
> create a linked folder to the 'build/tests' in the module I'm working on and
> then add that folder to the classpath of the project.
>
> As such, I would like to propose adding a packaging of the support classes
> to a JAR in the build scripts and include this as part of the discussed
> snapshots.

I agree -- we need to do that.

In fact we could go so far as to include all modules' (compiled) tests
JARs into the "hdk", so that module developers can run all tests to
validate the changes they are making to their particular module.

Of course, the build system will continue to check out everything, build
it together and run all tests, just like it does today.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)