harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject Re: Supporting working on a single module?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 20:03:37 GMT
Hi Mark,

Mark Hindess wrote:
>>Can you not work on a single module now?
>
> Yes.  But only by checking out everything.

I am developing a API "stubs" project, which is a full "stubs"
implementation of the Java 1.5 API.  My objective was actually to allow
for not needing an API "implementation" to compile code against the API.
 I was planning to use this, among other uses, for compiling SableVM's
luni-kernel implementation.

Maybe I could contribute the stubs to Harmony, and you could use them to
achieve your goal?

Note: By stubs, I mean, Java sources that, when compiled, produce .class
files which export the specified API.  Of course, they don't implement
the functionality.  You can have a look at the preliminary work:

 svn co svn://svn.sablevm.org/classlib-stubs/trunk/

Etienne