harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [prayer] to the Eclipse Foundation
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 13:22:52 GMT
There was actually zero sarcasm intended there.  I was just hoping to
get your attention.  I've used this format effectively w/ the JCP as
well. :)

The only comment that I thought might get taken the wrong way was the
"bloat" comment, but from the perspective of being interested in getting
the java compiler and getting in a 100MB download....

So - can we get the Java compiler hosted officially somewhere?  Right
now, for the harmony classlib, we ask people to dig it out of the
eclipse distro, and the contributed build script for the new VM from
Intel does that same thing automatically.  Lots of extra bits floating
through the internets...

I think it would also assist adoption - it would make it easier for
other projects to use it via ant or maven jar fetches.

Of course, if it is already that way somewhere, and I'm just clueless, I
deserve whatever drubbing you can aim my way :)

thx

geir