harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] metadata-fest
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 11:57:43 GMT
[ If you don't know/care about either OSGi manifests or Eclipse, then
don't worry, you can ignore this note -- just continue as you are. ]

I'm going through the module manifests and putting in some explicit
imports to satisfy the requirements of the tests within a module.

Since this means that a module will now 'import' (depend upon) a package
only because a test case uses it, I'm marking such imports in the
manifest as 'optional' -- this means that the same manifest can be used
in development and in the JARs that we deploy at runtime (which don't
contain the test code).  The alternative would have been to move test
code out into a separate module but I'm NOT going there!

Similarly, where a module manifest exports a package only to satisfy
somebody else's test code, it is done with a mandatory attribute to show
why it is being imported.

I'll also commit updates Eclipse metadata (.project and .classpath
files) for our modules, for those people who want to follow along.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)