harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Acceptance of HARMONY-114 : rough draft of files that glue Harmony Class Lib to JCHEVM native methods
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 07:42:35 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> We have 9 votes in favor, none against, and one reasonable question
> about destination.
>
> I think that we should let Archie bring it into SVN. :)  It was
> suggested as
>
>          enhanced/gnuclasspathadapter/trunk/
>
> but I'd suggest
>
>          enhanced/classlibadapter/trunk/
>
> to make it generic, because ya never know - there could be other VMs out
> there for which we might make an adapter to the Apache Harmony clsaslib ;)

Just for the record, I believe we should aim to minimize the creation of
more 'VM to class library' interfaces.  The GNU Classpath interface is
important because historically that has been the only one meaningful to
open source VMs.  The Harmony VMI is arguably a compatible superset of
that; we don't want to encourage a third and fourth interface that are
different again.

> So far, we work with IBMs VM directly, soon any GNU Classpath capable
> VM, and maybe......
>
> Archie, please do "as is" in the zip file and then cleanup from there
> for traceable accountability.  Thx

I'm confused, we voted on HARMONY-114 and committed HARMONY-318?  If
nothing else that is not very traceable.

Does the BCC that applies to HARMONY-114 also apply to -318?

Regards,
Tim

> geir
>

> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> We have all the docs for HARMONY-114 and they are in SVN
>>
>> Please vote to accept or reject this codebase into the Apache Harmony
>> class library :
>>
>> [ ] + 1 Accept
>> [ ] -1 Reject  (provide reason below)
>>
>> Lets let this run 3 days unless a) someone states they need more time
>> or b) we get all committer votes before then.
>>
>> Go...
>>
>> geir

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.