harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] JNDI provider's dependency on logging
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 13:28:19 GMT
This provider includes full-featured DNS client as part of its
functionality and has rather complex logic. It tries to establish big
number of networks connections and highly depends on network
conditions.  In the case of perfomance degradation it is very usefull
for system admins to understand the provider's activity. If the
provider hangs while connecting to some unreachable server it is
important that the name of such server can be extracted from the log
and added to the server's black list. And so on.
In other words, DNS provider needs to log no less than any other
complex network application.

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division