harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classlib build problem?
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 10:57:44 GMT

> Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> > maybe does it make sense adding the RI rt.jar to CLASSPATH for the
> > ECJ-based
> > compiler?
> > In this case all we didn't implemented will be taken from RI. Is this a
> > stupid idea?
>
> You can add the RI's class libraries using a command-line option if you
> so choose, but I don;t think we should build the Harmony javac to have
> dependencies upon the RI.

Ok, I see and absolutely agree with you. But I have one question :-).
Suppose API developers will import some unimplemented (into Harmony) class
for the development needs
and build with Sun's compiler (He will see no any compiler's errors).
Are there the dependencies upon the RI for Harmony javac in this case?

Anyone want to get to work on j.u.Scanner ;-) ?

And something yet, possibly :-)...

Cheers,
Vladimir.

Regards,