harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] build process improvement
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 04:31:38 GMT
My two cents ...

It'd be not bad to have some snapshots of HDK for the different VMs.
Depending on the preference each of us can download either of
another snapshot for the development needs.
Do you like the J9, DRLVM or Sable VM? No problems! Download it and enjoy
:-)!
Maybe it makes sense to add new target for the HDK build system allowing
to replace the default VM with the preferable one.
Suppose anybody wish to run some application under other VM with the
already-downloaded HDK. You just need to run

build -Dvm.name=SableVM (just for example)

to replace the default VM.

Thanks,
Vladimir.