harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] build process improvement
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 03:38:29 GMT
On 5/16/06, Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zakirov@intel.com> wrote:

> Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> > My personal opinion is we need to improve the existent build system for
> > DRLVM contribution.
> > Therefore there are no needs to compile them each of participants. It'd
> be
> > fine to have these sources pre-compiled (another snapshot?)
>
> The idea of having something precompiled looks close
> to idea of HDK (Harmony Development Kit): to have a
> binary bundle which makes development of Harmony as convenient as
> possible.

 Yes, my suggestion is not new idea. I my opinion the HDK is a long-term
task.
All I suggested can be made at short time. We only need to slightly modify
the build system
and to get the image of third party tools. I suppose it will significantly
make easy the life each of us
and save money eventually :-).

Thanks,
Vladimir.

I think having third party libraries precompiled qualifies as making