harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregory Shimansky" <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DRLVM contribution - try this out!
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 08:49:14 GMT
2006/5/6, Vladimir Gorr <vvgorr@gmail.com>:

> If I've correctly understood you use the Eclipse pre-installed before (you
> mention about the ECLIPSE_HOME).
> Therefore I'd also advise you to clean the %ECLIPSE_HOME%\configuration
> directory before start the eclipse.bat script.
> I very hope it should help to elimante your issue. Please let me know
> about
> results.

I want to make a small addition to Vladimir's suggestion. Eclipse doesn't
work after its configuration directory is erased completelty. You should
keep config.ini file in it or eclipse won't start any more.

Destruction stack unwinding warning should not be seen in normal VM
operation. Something wrong is happening and if you see the warning you may
get crash later because exception handlers chain may be damaged. We've tried
to eliminate all C++ objects like logger on the path where stack unwinding
happens but probably didn't find all of them. Which version of eclipse are
you running? We didn't try to use eclipse of version after 3.1.1.

By the way, if VM some day will be compiled without C++ exceptions support
on windows it will give performance improvement and there won't be any
problems with C++ objects on the stack. Unfortunately some MS header files
require exceptions support.

Besides could you please try to run this script w/o setting the