harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 19:57:05 GMT
On Tuesday 30 May 2006 22:59 Tim Ellison wrote:
> >> The logging info being proposed is developer-oriented.  I hope that
> >> people are not expecting our users to understand our developer trace
> >> info -- we, as developers, have better tools than printf to figure out
> >> what is happening.
> >
> > I have to admit that I don't agree w/ "better" as a universally general
> > statement,
>
> Well I guess it is a POV, but give me a java-aware debugger and trace
> tools over printf any day.

Hello Tim

I don't want to start any flame, but want to show an example of an application
(yes it is not a class library, just a big java application) which has a lot
of logging hardcoded into it. It is Eclipse :)

Maybe java-aware debugger didn't help eclipse developers all the time as much
as tracing did.