harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Acceptance of HARMONY-199 : Contribution of javax.crypto and java.math
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 18:39:37 GMT

On 15 May 2006 at 13:13, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> Are you kidding?

Well, it was just a question.  The "Personally ..." statement was just
my opinion based on my (naive) assumptions about the voting process.

I guess I'm just a pedant who likes to understand these thing, even
when they don't matter, so there are no misunderstandings, when it does
matter - if it was a deciding vote, for example.

> IMO, any vote that makes it in before the votes are counted should
> count.  The point of the 3 day (or n-day) time limit is to establish
> the minimum amount of time (or give someone a chance to offer an
> alternative) so that no one will be surprised.

Fair enough.

> I'm interested in other opinions, though...

Me too.  Which is why I asked.

Thanks for the explanation.
-Mark.