harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building DRLVM and classlib on x86_64 platform
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 20:23:36 GMT
On Thursday 11 May 2006 20:44 Rana Dasgupta wrote:

>     I agree. I think that it is premature to start patching the submission
> for 64  bit, it's just too confusing.

The submission was what, VM? As I've written VM doesn't have inherent
limitations not to work on x86_64 platforms in interpreter mode. I've just
actually made Hello World application to run. Running eclipse causes segfault
so far somewhere in native libraries of classlib, not in VM.

>    > Since port library comes only
>    > in IA32 version, the file hysignal.c fails to compile, specifically
>
> functions
>
>    > infoForGPR, infoForControl and infoForModule. ...
>
>    Architecture/platform specific code is a genuine issue. We will need to
> fix files like hysignal.c ( and others similar ) when we do the 64 bit
> port.

At the moment I've changed the function bodies to assert(0 && "unimplemented")
and these assertions didn't fail so far.