harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: DRLVM contribution - try this out!
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 00:18:08 GMT
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 04:50:28PM -0700, Rana Dasgupta wrote:
>   We should probably hold off on patching right now?

I don't see why you can't attach patches to the relevant jira issue, if the
code is accepted then its likely the patch will be, too :-)

Patch management is going to be hard if there's a lot of patches, but that's
just further incentive to get things integrated more quickly ;-)

>   The submission compiles and runs fine with XP V2, msvc VC7 and with SUSE
> 9.2 and GCC 3.3.4.
>   We should pick the Linux/GCC version that we  run Harmony builds
> regularly on and make all the changes in one shot to fix the compile on
> that. Has this version already been identified?

Hmm. I think the key is in making the buildsystem and the code aware of
the linux/gcc version and adapt behaviour based on that.

> >Is it ok to attach patch here or should I use JIRA?

In general sending patches through the mailing list is not all that bad, but
the people integrating code (eg, Tim :-)) do seem to prefer to use JIRA, so
after talking about things on the list, adding them to jira does make sense.

cheers!

LSD