harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jchevm status?
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 00:54:01 GMT
Archie, I have made some progress with classlib adapter. Now eclipse
starts and opens main window, just as with gnuclasspath. It works even
faster then it. Of cause, a lot of functionality is still missing. Now
I found a jchevm issue which prevents eclipse from working both on gnu
classpath and using this adapter. Here is the eclipse code:

	private static void checkAccess() throws IllegalStateException {
		StackTraceElement[] elements=  new Throwable().getStackTrace();
		if (!(elements[2].getClassName().equals(EditorsUI.class.getName())
				|| elements[3].getClassName().equals(EditorsUI.class.getName())))
			throw new IllegalStateException();
	}

This code checks access control in eclipse. The caller of the method
should be member function of class EditorsUI. As jchevm also reports
exception creation stack frames the access check doesn't work. I can
make a workaround in classlibadapter, but I think it should be better
fixed in the vm code, as the fix will work with gnu classpath too. If
you are too busy, I  can make this fix for jchevm.

Best regards,
--
Ivan