harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 20:09:46 GMT
I am not sure, we can say someday: Yes, the code is absolutely bug
free! Remove the logging!

I have a suggestion, which can help leave logging in place while still
having no impact on performance. The logging can be used for debuging
of features and will be removed in release version. It require some
changes to build system though.

The idea is quite simple: we can use C preprocessor directives in java
files. When building the preprocessor will be executed before java
compiler (if the source-file's timestamp was changed). Thus we can
have logger-free release builds and debug builds with full weight
logging.

--
Ivan