harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject classlib build problem?
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 22:30:36 GMT
I am experimenting with eclipse compiler from
org/apache/harmony/tools/javac/Main. The point is that I don't have
java5 at home computer, but I figured out that eclipse compiler in
ecj_3.2RC5.jar can be good substitution. I have tweaked the tools
javac wrapper and managed to start ant with that compiler.
There are number of errors in eclipse compiler complaining about wrong
usage of @Override and @Deprecated keywords. I simply removed all of
them to get through.
The problem which stopped me is:

    [javac] 1009. ERROR in
/home/ivan/experiments/harmony/trunk/modules/rmi/src/main/java/java/rmi/server/RMIClassLoader.java
    [javac]  (at line 22)
    [javac]     import java.util.Scanner;
    [javac] The import java.util.Scanner cannot be resolved

Does there problem result from my experiments or the classlib build is
broken now?
--
Ivan