harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jchevm status?
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 22:06:30 GMT
Weldon,

I have prepared my modifications and posted a patch against the
SVN/classlibadapter.

I was able to get rid of all native modifications and some of modified classes.
NewWeakGlobalRef implementation on vm needed though.

More tests works when adding in bootclasspath instead of classpath
(system classloader is not quite finished)
Exception traces works and quite useful to find problematic places.
--
Ivan

2006/5/16, Weldon Washburn <weldonwjw@gmail.com>:
> Ivan,
>
> Good progress.  Again, it would be helpful for planning if you could
> tell us what you would like to work on and how much time you can spend
> on it.  Currently I am in the process of figuring out how to "borrow"
> a bunch of the DRLVM native methods for gnuclasspathadapter.  It would
> be great if you can help.  It may be as simple as 1) build drlvm, 2)
> copy DLLs to gnuclasspathadapter directory.
>
> Can you post your mods as a zip file to JIRA?
>

> On 5/15/06, Ivan Volosyuk <ivan.volosyuk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've just wanted to check the problem with incorrect interfaces and...
> > Looks like I suddenly made a good progress:
> > ======= _200_check Finished in 0.012 secs **NOT VALID**
> > ======= _209_db Finished in 43.748 secs **NOT VALID**
> > ======= _222_mpegaudio Finished in 97.589 secs **NOT VALID**
> > ======= _201_compress Finished in 106.233 secs **NOT VALID**
> >
> > As you can see I managed to run some of specjvm98 tests. :) There are
> > a lot of validity errors, but its finally passed to the end.
> >
> > Changes done:
> >  Fixed Class.newInstance(), Constructor.newInstance()
> >  Fixed stack trace display in Throwable
> >  Implemented Runtime.getRuntime()
> >
> > What a wonderful thing is stack traces! :)
> >
> > --
> > Ivan
> >
> > 2006/5/16, Ivan Volosyuk <ivan.volosyuk@gmail.com>:
> > > Weldon,