harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Gandara" <danielgand...@neosur.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] rmi2.1.4?
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 20:52:11 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Daniel Gandara wrote:
>> ITC's rmi is 5.0 compliant and dependent, but we realized that Harmony
>> was 1.4;
>> so, since our package made use of still not available 5.0 features (like
>> j.u.c) , we
>> decide to deploy a 1.4 version of the code, in which we remove all 5.0
>> dependencies.
>> I believe that's the reason why rmi2.1.4
>
> Can we resolve down to 1 version of RMI and cull goodness from the rest?

I believe given the fact that j.u.c is not there and no one is working on
it,
1.4 version is the one that should remain for now (remember there is a
performance penalty compared to 5.0), when j.u.c be there we can
easily include it.
I see no point in keeping the 5.0 since it cannot be run with current
classlib...
What do you think?

>> is there any advance with getting j.u.c?
>
> According to Doug, we should just be able to use what we want from there.
> IIRC, Doug's assertion is that since this was the first implementation of
> j.u.c, and it was done in the public view, it therefore cannot be
> influenced by some other version, since there wasn't any other versions
> around.
>
> I'll start a new thread and we'll see if we can get doug to comment.

I'll keep an eye on it to see what Doug says.

Daniel