harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: assertEquals in tests with incorrect argument order
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 16:50:04 GMT
Another type of test that could be improved are those using
assertTrue to compare two objects for equality.  Most of them should
be using assertEquals, assertNull or assertNotNull.

Using assertEquals automatically gives more meaningful error messages.
It saves people writing asserts like:

  assertTrue("Size should return 100, returned: " + map.size(),
             map.size() == 100);

when this would do just as well:

  assertEquals("Incorrect size", 100, map.size());

I'm going to submit a few (big) patches to fix some of these.

Regards,
 Mark.