harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject assertEquals in tests with incorrect argument order
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:38:52 GMT
Trying to fix/enable the PatternSyntaxExceptionTest (HARMONY-352) was
quite confusing.  If you get the arguments to assertEquals the wrong
way around you get errors like:

  error expected <actual> but got <expected>

rather than:

  error expected <expected> but got <actual>

The correct way around is to have the expected value before the actual value.
We should all try make sure we get the arguments to assertEquals in the
correct order.  And fix any we spot that are the wrong way around. ;-)

I've fixed a few of the more obviously incorrect method calls in
HARMONY-353.

Regards,
 Mark.

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.