harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r393521 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk: make/ modules/applet/make/ modules/applet/make/common/ modules/archive/make/ modules/archive/make/common/ modules/auth/make/ modules/auth/make/common/ modules/awt/make/ modules/
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:34:23 GMT
1) As we discussed yesterday, I have submitted a jira to add a global property.

2) Yes, but there are several scripts that can kick things off.  At
the top-level with make/build.xml and make/build-test.xml.  But also
within each module directory with make/build.xml.

So 2) is not trivial.  George's change modifies all of these.  My
patch modifies all of these so that a top-level property is defined
once (and can be overriden on the ant command line).

Regards,
 Mark.

> idle curiosity... 1) why not make both 'source' and 'target' settable by
> a property, and 2) educate me on ant - why couldn't this have been set
> in a property in the script that kicked things off and have the value
> propagate down?
>

> gharley@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: gharley
> > Date: Wed Apr 12 10:03:36 2006
> > New Revision: 393521

> > Log:
> > Temporary move to compile with "modern" compiler using the "jsr14" target until
5.0 VM support becomes available.

> [snip]

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.