harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] unmodified generic GNU Classpath JVM can now run Classlib "hello world"
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:24:24 GMT
Weldon, any chance you could make a diff_harmony.txt without all the
whitespace changes and attach it to the JIRA?  I'm trying to update it
to work with current svn and I want to avoid going through lots of
rejects that are only whitespace changes.  I think you should be able
to do this with a command like:

  svn diff --diff-cmd 'diff -ubBw'

assuming you have gnu diff installed or you could undo your formatting
changes but that might be a little more difficult. ;-)

Of course, you realise that the classes you are modifying in kernel
(now luni-kernel and security-kernel) are only intended to be stubs to
compile against and not implemntation.  These are intended to be
implemented by the VM.  In this case I guess they'd need to be
implemented by the adapter.  Thus I'm going to copy the stubs and
apply your patches to the copy outside of the classlib tree since we
shouldn't be changing the stubs.

Regards,
 Mark.