harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: matching reference implementation exception behaviour
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:06:36 GMT

> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > It's not too late to think about it once again and probably revisit
> > the decision.
>
> BTW, I don't think of this as a blanket rule-of-law, but rather a
> guideline, a motivation for how we make decisions on a bug-by-bug or
> issue-by-issue basis.
>
> > As I understand goal #1 is to meet needs of as many potential users as we can
> > and decision to be spec incompatible in favor of new hot RI version might be
> > not the best one.
>
> I think I agree :)

Mikhail makes it sound like this is just an aberation in the RI - and
I might agree with you/him if I thought that is what it was - but as I
mention earlier both IBM and BEA implementations have the same
behaviour.  Do we really want to take a different path to what must be
the most common 5.0 implementations?

Regards,
 Mark.

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.