harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: select one (was: RE: svn commit: r391955 [5/5] - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/...)
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:10:34 GMT
Mikhail, Thanks for the pointers.

I dug back in the mail archives.  Geir wrote:

> I think of it still as "live material" in our tree, but I don't
> feel too strongly about this.  If we keep it there, we should set  a
> policy to expire it out of there at some point.

I'd suggest that the two files that you mention which are "never used"
probably don't qualify as "live material". ;-)

So, now my question is when is it going to be expired?  i'd suggest
that anything moved to archive should have an expiry date set in a
file or svn property when it is moved so it is clear when it will be
removed.

Personally, I still think having paths archive/modules and
modules/archive is confusing.  99% of our users will never use the
extra >1.5M overhead of "svn checkout" that 'archive' creates.  The 1%
who might want it can easily find it in svn.

Regards,
 Mark.