harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: matching reference implementation exception behaviour
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:15:05 GMT
On 4/3/06, George Harley <george.c.harley@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Mark Hindess wrote:
> >
> > Personally, I'd raise JIRA's one at a time when you have fixes
> > prepared.  That way they can be discussed and we can firm up our
> > policy on matching behaviour.
>
> You mean raise JIRA's one type/package at a time don't you ? One issue
> per method sounds like it would be a bit excessive !

I was assuming one JIRA per issue was a given.  I obviously wasn't
suggesting splitting a single issue across multiple JIRAs.  I wouldn't
want to overload our committers! ;-)

I was just suggesting that we don't bundle up similar but clearly
unrelated issues together.  For instance, we shouldn't bundle issues
such as "java.lang.String.valueOf(null)" and
"java.beans.Encoder.writeExpression(null)" not throwing
NullPointerExceptions together.

Regards,
 Mark.

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.