harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: matching reference implementation exception behaviour
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:37:23 GMT
I did something similar one evening a couple of weeks back.  I raised
separate JIRAs about a number of the issues I found and included fixes
and test cases.  I've still got numerous outstanding issues that I
haven't created JIRAs for since I was waiting to see if the existing
ones got accepted first.

After testing constructors I adapted my script to test all the static
methods.  Again, I've got a number of issues that I've not raised
JIRAs about yet.

Personally, I'd raise JIRA's one at a time when you have fixes
prepared.  That way they can be discussed and we can firm up our
policy on matching behaviour.

Incidentally, I ran the tests comparing against the Sun 5.0 reference
implementation, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were conflicts
between our results.

Regards,
 Mark.