harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Lougher" <rob.loug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vmi] JNI spec interpretation?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:38:19 GMT
The word "pragmatic" springs to mind.  FWIW, JamVM will print nothing
if no exception is pending.  It didn't do this originally -- it blew
up with a SEGV.  I changed it because a user reported an application
which didn't work with JamVM but it did with Suns VM (can't remember
which application, it was a long time ago).

It's all very well bombing out with an assertion failure, but to the
average end-user it's still the VMs fault, especially if it works with
other runtimes (i.e. Suns).

Rob.