harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r394890 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules: applet/make/common/ archive/make/common/ auth/make/common/ awt/make/common/ beans/make/common/ crypto/make/common/ jndi/make/common/ logging/make/common/ luni/make/commo
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:22:03 GMT
By default Eclipse uses its own "Eclipse [built-in]" formatter for
Java code, which inserts tabs for indentations\. However, it's
possible to configure it to use spaces, or just choose "Java
convetions [built-in]" formatter, which uses spaces by default. Just
go "Window->Preferences->Java->Code Style->Formatter" page, select
desired formatter, press "Show" button and set appropriate indentation
policy and tab size. I think there is no need for a special formatter.

AFAIK, for XML sources Eclipse uses Ant editor by default, which also
uses tabs for indentation. It is possible to configure it to use
spaces, just go to "Window->Preferences->Ant->Editor->Formatter" page
and uncheck box "Use tab character insted of spaces".

The problem might be that the new formatter settings will be applied
only to the newly typed text. To apply it to existing sources one need
to reformat text using "Format" or "Correct indentation" commands in
editor view.

Thanks.
Ivan Popov
Intel Middleware Products Division