harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Testing
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:09:20 GMT
2006/4/28, Paulex Yang <paulex.yang@gmail.com>:
> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > I suggest physically separate high-level suites:
> >
> > src/test/
> >        +-  impl/
> >        +- compliant/    [names might be changed]
> >        +- stress/
> >        \- etc/
> >
> > Then on package-level separate classpath from bootclasspath stuff
> >
> > 1) We will run compliant to validate test suite
> > 2) We will not run stress before commit
> > 3) etc
> >
> Are the src/test/impl or so the src directory?

Sorry I did not understand the question

if so, I'm fine with it.

> And you add stress category we haven't mentioned before, that's fine, too.

I've meant that we have other categories of the tests that will be somewhere
around.

> But I think I didn't catch up, where will you put the case 4 (the ones
> of [classpath] [dependent] [java.*] )?

folder impl/
package org.apache.harmony.module.tests.java.something

And how many folders it will be(I
> just not sure what the etc means...;))?

I don't know. Couple month ago we were talking about testing in exotic
configurations. People suggested separating some types of tests from general
test run. These types of tests might reside in other 'etc' folders.

Thanks,
Mikhail

> > What do you think?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mikhail

> >> Lots of ? Ooops...Seems I didn't understand the situation clearly (I
> >> knew I must miss sth. ;-) )

> >> If there are many similar cases, I agree that it is
> >> unacceptable(although I think the test case can be named more
> >> meaningfully than xxxTest1/xxxTest2), because I prefer 1 test for 1
> >> class in general .  It will be perfect if we can introduce some
> >> mechanism to control test execution in method level, but I have no good
> >> idea on this so far.
> >>
> >> So do you have any better ideas on this issue?

that:

in bootclasspath
in bootclasspath
in classpath
in bootclasspath

the package name doesn't

separate src directory

tests:
or java.*
tests will be named

8 categories are necessary,

name>, e.g.,
package for java.util
and can be removed, so it can be
java.util

name without o.a.h...prefix>,
package for o.a.h.luni.util
but if module name is not
name, so it is:

exist.

category means the tests for
Harmony and RI, I consider these
with API tests, and separate them by
package, because RI may fix bug in
maybe?), and IIRC in another
follow latest version of RI, so it
behavior tests to API tests
vice versa.

the test cases are in same
java.util
for o.a.h.luni.util

test packages:

 for case 1,4 above
case 2 above

yet suggested a consistent solution
tests and would not get into packages like

that SOME implementation specific tests are

in the same package as implementation,
against java.beans.Beans from classpath, so
test for HARMONY-358

put 'classpath'  test. If we put them into
under test] we result in that ugly package

considered redundant, too.

Jr <geir@pobox.com>:

> [...]
text module has only "implementation-independent tests
to be run from classpath". For modules that have got
tests then I suppose we could use something
preference.

same package as the class being tested, please, if there
run that way.

 Been a long day.

convoluted package name?  Why wouldn't we want to
package as the class being tested since it's

e-mail: harmony-dev-help@incubator.apache.org