harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject reporting failure
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:46:11 GMT
I'm evaluating failures caused by intagration of H-88 tests and found out
that that style which is used in some tests is not very convinient for me.

I'd like to hear others' opinion.

So for example here is a failure
test: tests.api.java.security.AlgorithmParameterGeneratorTest
test case: test_initLjava_security_spec_AlgorithmParameterSpec

InvalidAlgorithmParameterException getting spec

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
InvalidAlgorithmParameterException getting spec at
tests.api.java.security.AlgorithmParameterGeneratorTest.test_initLjava_security_spec_AlgorithmParameterSpec(AlgorithmParameterGeneratorTest.java:207)
at
java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:205)

This is how the test currently looks like:

public void test_initLjava_security_spec_AlgorithmParameterSpec() {
    try {
        DSAParameterSpec spec = new DSAParameterSpec(
                BigInteger.ONE, BigInteger.ONE, BigInteger.ONE);
        AlgorithmParameterGenerator gen = AlgorithmParameterGenerator
                .getInstance("DSA");
        gen.init(spec);
    } catch (NoSuchAlgorithmException e) {
        fail("getInstance did not find algorithm DSA");
    } catch (InvalidAlgorithmParameterException e) {
        fail("InvalidAlgorithmParameterException getting spec");
    }
}

This is how I would rewrite the test:

public void test_initLjava_security_spec_AlgorithmParameterSpec()
throws Exception {
    // checks that no exception is thrown
    DSAParameterSpec spec = new DSAParameterSpec(BigInteger.ONE,
            BigInteger.ONE, BigInteger.ONE);
    AlgorithmParameterGenerator gen = AlgorithmParameterGenerator
            .getInstance("DSA");
    gen.init(spec);
}

And here is new output:
No supported AlgorithmParameterSpec for DSA parameter generation.

java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: No supported
AlgorithmParameterSpec for DSA parameter generation. at
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKAlgorithmParameterGenerator$DSA.engineInit(Unknown
Source) at java.security.AlgorithmParameterGenerator.init(AlgorithmParameterGenerator.java:164)
at tests.api.java.security.AlgorithmParameterGeneratorTest.test_initLjava_security_spec_AlgorithmParameterSpec(AlgorithmParameterGeneratorTest.java:203)
at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:205)

I can see where the failure occurs and its reason (missing
functionality rather then
invalid parameter spec)

Comments?

Thanks,