harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Orlov" <amor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ITC: Contribution of java.math and javax.crypto
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:51:54 GMT
On 4/7/06, Chris Gray <chris.gray@kiffer.be> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 April 2006 23:59, Tim Ellison wrote:
> > You can run the Eclipse IDE on Classpath or Harmony(*) class libraries,
> > both are sufficiently well advanced to run it.
> >
> > (*) you need to use the regex code from regex-beans-math which hasn't
> > been merged into the build process yet
>
> I knew eclipse ran on Classpath (e.g. gcj), wasn't sure about Harmony. That's
> good to hear.
>
> IMO Harmony developers should be encouraged to use a Sun-free workstation
> whenever possible, to avoid this kind of slip-up. There should also be
> automatic detectors for references to sun.* or com.sun.* classes.

Hi folks,

BTW we use simple script to check if the sources contain the words we
would like to avoid. You can find it attached. The usage is pretty
straightforward:

  perl check_bad_words.pl <dictionary> <directory or file>

Also attached is dictionary file that contains "Sun" and "GPL" as two
sample words. You can turn on your imagination and enhance the
dictionary significantly. :)

May we propose the committers to run it before committing anyuthing to SVN?

Thanks,
Alex Orlov.
Intel Middleware Products Division