harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Orlov" <amor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: matching reference implementation exception behaviour
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:04:38 GMT
> Alex Orlov wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Sorry to getting this thread back - hopefully this message is relevant
> > to it. We've written a tool that runs all J2SE API methods passing
> > null, empty strings, 0, -1 etc. as parameters. It has discovered 163
> > inconsistency of Harmony API implementation with BEA JRockit 1.5.0.
> > You can find them attached ("------------" means JRE doesn't throw any
> > exception).
> >
> > I haven't investigated all of them yet. However apparently we have
> > dozens of real inconsistencies that might be fixed according to
> > Harmony guidelines on exception compatibility. We're going to check
> > the inconsistencies one by one. Do you think it makes sense to open
> > one JIRA issue for all of them and put it there?
>
> Probably makes sense to group them into either one type (where there are
> a few issues for a given type) or one module rather than all together,
> since I'm assuming that would be too big when you have included the
> proposed fix and test case (hint, hint) ;-)

Thanks, make/common sense. :)

Alex Orlov.
Intel Middleware Products Division

   java.lang.NullPointerException         --------------------------
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextServicesSupport.hasService(null)   --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextServicesSupport.removeBeanContextServicesListener(null)
   --------------------------       java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextServicesSupport.serviceAvailable(null)
 --------------------------       java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextServicesSupport.serviceRevoked(null)
 --------------------------       java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextSupport.addAll(null)        java.lang.NullPointerException
         java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextSupport.getResource("", null)      --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextSupport.getResource(null, null)     java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
     java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextSupport.getResourceAsStream("", null)
 --------------------------       java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextSupport.getResourceAsStream(null, null)
  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextSupport.vetoableChange(null)       --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.Beans.isInstanceOf(java.lang.Object, null)         java.lang.NullPointerException
        --------------------------
> >> java.beans.Encoder.getPersistenceDelegate(null)       java.lang.NullPointerException
        --------------------------
> >> java.beans.Encoder.setPersistenceDelegate(null, null)        --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.Encoder.writeExpression(null)     --------------------------
  java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.FeatureDescriptor.setValue("", null)      --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.FeatureDescriptor.setValue(null, java.lang.Object)        --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.FeatureDescriptor.setValue(null, null)    --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.PropertyEditorManager.findEditor(null)    --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.PropertyEditorManager.registerEditor(null, null)  --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.beans.SimpleBeanInfo.loadImage("")       java.lang.NullPointerException
        --------------------------
> >> java.beans.SimpleBeanInfo.loadImage(null)     java.lang.NullPointerException
        --------------------------
> >> java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.toString("")    java.nio.charset.IllegalCharsetNameException
   java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException
> >> java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.write([B, 0, -1)        java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
       java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> [...]
       --------------------------
> >> java.lang.StringBuffer.offsetByCodePoints(0, -1)      org.apache.harmony.luni.util.NotYetImplementedException
        java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuffer.offsetByCodePoints(-1, 0)      org.apache.harmony.luni.util.NotYetImplementedException
        java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuffer.offsetByCodePoints(-1, -1)     org.apache.harmony.luni.util.NotYetImplementedException
        java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuffer.setLength(-1)          java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.append([C, 0, -1)     java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.append([C, -1, 0)     java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.append([C, -1, -1)    java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.append(null, 0, -1)   java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.append(null, -1, 0)   java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.append(null, -1, -1)          java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.appendCodePoint(0)    org.apache.harmony.luni.util.NotYetImplementedException
       --------------------------
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.appendCodePoint(-1)   org.apache.harmony.luni.util.NotYetImplementedException
        java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.insert(0, null, 0, -1)        java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.insert(0, null, -1, 0)        java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.insert(0, null, -1, -1)       java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.lang.StringBuilder.insert(-1, )          java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(null)    java.net.BindException          java.net.SocketException
> >> java.net.MulticastSocket.setInterface(null)   java.lang.NullPointerException
         java.net.SocketException
> >> java.net.URLDecoder.decode("", "")   --------------------------       java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CertSelector.addPathToName(0, [B)      org.apache.harmony.security.asn1.ASN1Exception
         java.io.IOException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CertSelector.addPathToName(-1, null)   java.io.IOException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CertSelector.addSubjectAlternativeName(0, [B)
  org.apache.harmony.security.asn1.ASN1Exception          java.io.IOException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CertSelector.addSubjectAlternativeName(-1, null)
  java.io.IOException     java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CertSelector.setNameConstraints([B)    org.apache.harmony.security.asn1.ASN1Exception
         java.io.IOException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CertSelector.setSubjectPublicKey([B)   org.apache.harmony.security.asn1.ASN1Exception
         java.io.IOException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CertSelector.setSubjectPublicKeyAlgID("")      java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
      java.lang.NumberFormatException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CRLSelector.addIssuer(null)   --------------------------
      java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CRLSelector.addIssuerName([B)          java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
     java.io.IOException
> >> java.security.cert.X509CRLSelector.addIssuerName(null)        java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
     java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.security.Permissions.implies(null)      --------------------------
  java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.security.SecureRandom.generateSeed(-1)  --------------------------
  java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
> [...]
     java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.text.SimpleDateFormat.formatToCharacterIterator(null)    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
     java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> java.util.ArrayList.addAll(-1, null)          java.lang.NullPointerException
         java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.util.ArrayList.get(-1)   java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException     java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.util.ArrayList.remove(-1)        java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.util.ArrayList.set(-1, java.lang.Object)         java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.util.ArrayList.set(-1, null)     java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.util.Date.parse(null)    java.lang.NullPointerException          java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
> >> java.util.jar.Attributes.putAll(null)         java.lang.NullPointerException
         java.lang.ClassCastException
> >> java.util.LinkedList.addAll(-1, null)         java.lang.NullPointerException
         java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.util.TreeMap.containsKey(java.lang.Object)       java.lang.ClassCastException
  --------------------------
> >> java.util.TreeMap.get(java.lang.Object)       java.lang.ClassCastException
 --------------------------
> >> java.util.TreeMap.put(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object)     java.lang.ClassCastException
  --------------------------
> >> java.util.TreeMap.put(java.lang.Object, null)         java.lang.ClassCastException
  --------------------------
> >> java.util.TreeMap.remove(java.lang.Object)    java.lang.ClassCastException
 --------------------------
> >> java.util.TreeSet.add(java.lang.Object)       java.lang.ClassCastException
 --------------------------
> >> java.util.TreeSet.contains(java.lang.Object)          java.lang.ClassCastException
  --------------------------
> >> java.util.TreeSet.remove(java.lang.Object)    java.lang.ClassCastException
 --------------------------
> >> java.util.Vector.lastIndexOf(java.lang.Object, 0)     java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
       java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.util.Vector.lastIndexOf(null, 0)         java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
       java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> >> java.util.zip.Inflater.inflate([B)    java.util.zip.DataFormatException
 --------------------------
> >> java.util.zip.Inflater.inflate([B, 0, 0)      java.util.zip.DataFormatException
> >> javax.naming.InitialContext.composeName("", null)     javax.naming.InvalidNameException
> >> javax.naming.InitialContext.composeName(null, "")     javax.naming.InvalidNameException
> >> javax.naming.InitialContext.composeName(null, null)   javax.naming.InvalidNameException
> >> javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext.extendedOperation(null)          javax.naming.NotContextException
       javax.naming.NoInitialContextException