harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] Tests for serialization – which package, name?
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 04:03:07 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to discuss naming conventions for serialization tests - does it
make sense to separate serialization tests from unit tests?

For example, in module security tests for serialization were placed into
separate packages:
java.security.serialization
java.security.cert.serialization
java.security.spec.serialization

Also it is possible to put tests in the same package but name them in
different ways, for example,
SomeClassTest.java – unit test for SomeClass
SerSomeClassTest.java – serialization test for SomeClass

Or we won't separate serialization tests from unit tests and will test
serialization by adding corresponding methods to unit test, for example,
public void testSerialization1()
public void testSerialization2()
public void testSerialization3()
public void testSerializationCorrupted()
public void testSerializationIllegalValues()

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division