harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject External libraries in the bootclasspath (was: Version Conflict with bcel?)
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:15:38 GMT
There are no other opinions but I believe this issue needs broader attention
so I'd like to start another thread.

Harmony has a number of external libraries on the bootclasspath: ICU4C,
Xerces/Xalan. What if an app. uses the same library but another version?
What if library versions are not compatible? The possible way to resolve the
issue to perform repackaging (i.e. put everything external under
org.apache.harmony namespace, however I'm not sure that this applicable for
ICU4C library).

Are there other options?

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura