harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Semukhina, Elena V" <elena.v.semukh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: should strings in exceptions match the reference implementation?
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:49:46 GMT
Just one more example.
Should users feel comfortable when getting the RI's message

"java.lang.ArithmeticException: Division impossible"?

Isn't it better for a class library to provide
"java.lang.ArithmeticException: integer part of the quotient needs more
than 11 digits"
to help our users find the cause of an exception?

Regards,
Elena Semukhina
Intel Middleware Products Division

harmony-dev-help@incubator.apache.org