harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy´╝îJing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we mix up regression and unit tests?
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:35:25 GMT
Hi:
    I take a look at the directory, it is really confusion. However
currently tests are put in luni/src/test/java/tests/api/java/net, I'm quite
sure that a unit test of api class method must be add to that directory.
    And I'm not sure what does regression-test you mean here. In my
understanding, if someone want to add some regression tests to test APIs, it
can be added directly to the API test files if any, it is not necessary to
open a new file. And here, the regression test can be added to tests in
luni/src/test/java/tests/api/java/net. (And please notice perhaps some tests
are in excluded-list, e.g. Socket or ServerSocket test, I dont remember very
clearly :) )
    Your comments?

> 2006/4/21, Dmitry M. Kononov <dmitry.m.kononov@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Could somebody please explain me do we mix up regression and unit tests?
>
> I noticed that the luni module has two kind of test packages (under
> the luni/src/test/java directory). A name of one of them starts with
> the "org.apache.harmony.tests" string. Another one starts with the
> "tests" string.

What the package should I use to add