harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy´╝îJing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: matching reference implementation exception behaviour
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:47:26 GMT
Hi All:

    Another thing requires our attention is that RI itself, I meaning
Sun,IBM, BEA or so, does not perform the same in different platforms. That
is reasonable as the Operation-Systems do not work in the same way. For an
example, these differences appear very frequently on network functions. As a
result, it seems very difficult for us to write testcases on them.
    Currently, as Harmony only supports windows and Linux, one possible but
bad solution is that get system properity "OS" in our unit testcase, use
different parameters in testcases by telling whether it is Linux or windows.
Another solution we comment out these testcases, or add them into "exclude
testcase list" when apply our patch, as we do recently. Both solutions are
not so proper.
    Perhaps we shall find other ways to run different test cases according
to different OS, like Harmony build system do. Who has any opinions?

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM