harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should strings in exceptions match the reference implementation?
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 07:19:47 GMT
On 4/17/06, Anton Avtamonov <anton.avtamonov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, not completely agree. I RI has BUG, I agree to have
> corresponding Harmony test failing. However do you think that
> different exception messges say is a good reason to have failures? I
> don't think so. Just a minor differemce which can be 'formally
> documented' by using isHarmony() is tests.

I agree with you that different exception messages are not failures. So in
my opnion, we'd better avoid such test cases.
If some exception messages are really very important to developers ( I don't
have any idea about such Exception classes),
I think RI should contain similiar information so that we can write some
test cases, which both RI and Harmony could pass, by verifying keywords
instead.
If "isHarmony()" is used, then what's the expected message? I don't think
there's a "Harmony exception message spec" :-)
People may argue which message is best or more meanfuling :)

Wishes,