harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should strings in exceptions match the reference implementation?
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:36:33 GMT
Hello, Anton,

On 4/17/06, Anton Avtamonov <anton.avtamonov@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, we don't need all those branches. Only the branch for Harmony.
> Only for those cases when we DO know that we have a deviation.
> IMHO, I prefer to have all tests passing on RI (which verify tests
> itself) and on Harmony (which verifies Harmony).

 But there ARE some different behaviours between Harmony and RI.
How could our test case show or these differences if all are passed both on
RI and Harmony?
I think our test cases should show these differences instead of hiding them.

Failures should
> indicate something wrong with tests or with Harmony code. There should
> be no other failures, I think.

Yes. So I think all test cases could pass on Harmony, but on RI :-)
Failures on RI mean RI has different understanding or behaviours compared to
Harmony criteria, or in other words, they're wrong behaviour according to
Harmony criteria.

That is a bit similar to 'exclude list' we introduced: we don't want
to have failures when they are expected and predictable.

--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division