harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Avtamonov" <anton.avtamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] matching RI exceptions -- are we required to have this type of compatibility?
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:55:45 GMT
<SNIP>
> > Yeah, in case RI operates with classes not from public API I would
> > propose to base on spec. Or use the nearest class from public API if
> > spec doesn't work for some reasons.
> > Actually, spec even contains sometimes references to the classes from
> > not public API...
>
> Really? You mean that the spec is not transitively close?
> Can you give an example?

Of course. I saw that many times. Just the first I can recall:

MetalScrollBarUI.bumps

Field bumps is of type which is not public api: the reference is not
hyperlinked.

If you want I can find some other cases: I definitely saw more than one :-)

Wishes
--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division