harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Avtamonov" <anton.avtamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should strings in exceptions match the reference implementation?
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 05:35:08 GMT
On 4/17/06, LvJimmy´╝îJing <firepure@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed. Try some other words may be better. The only possible un-compatible
> with RI is that some rookie may write codes like:
> try{
> }catch(Except e){
>    if (e.getMessage().equals(RI_String)){
>        dosomething;
>    }
> }
> But this kind of code is properly unstable and unacceptable,right?

Agree. I expect there is no or almost no client applications doing
that. I think we shouldn't be message-compatible. Otherwise we would
have to be compatible with localized messages as well in assumption
someone checks for e.getLocalizedMessage() :-).

--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division