harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Avtamonov" <anton.avtamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: assertEquals in tests with incorrect argument order
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 05:24:16 GMT
Completely agree about using proper 'asserts' :-).

Just want to remind about one more useful pair of methods -
assertSame()/assertNotSame() which are useful when comparing
instances. I saw many times in my practice that assertTrue(instance1
== instance2) was used intead. Besides, assertEquals() is also used
for that purpose sometimes which is definitely wrong...
Sometimes assertTrue(false) used instead of fail().

Actually, it is not too many 'assert' methods in
junit.framework.Assert class. May be it is a good idea for those who
never did it before to look at. Having all of them in mind will help
to use the most applicable when necessary.

--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division