harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Avtamonov" <anton.avtamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classlib test suite status emails?
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:04:22 GMT
On 4/12/06, George Harley <george.c.harley@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> Working on the "walk first then try to run" principle, I will try to
> start adding in "run.dependants.tests" targets to individual modules'
> build.xml scripts over the next few days. Text seems like a good
> candidate to start.

George,
Just a raw idea: it is possible to have description of all
dependencies located in a single place out of individual modules? As
XML file for instance?

As I understoond you are going to list all the dependencies right in
the build.xml of each module. IMHO, such approach makes not too easy
to understand the dependencies. I would suppose to have some XML file
representing kind of dependency table which is accessed by the
build.xml of each module (by some specific target.
run.dependants.tests is fine) to retreive the particular list of
dependencies for the particular module.
Having all the dependencies in the single place would simplify their
support. Besides, I expect it would be not too difficult to create
XSLT to generate HTML table in the perfect human-readable form...

As I said that is just an idea. I'm not experienced in ant-scripting,
not sure if that is good idea and how it difficult to implement.

Wishes,
--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division