harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Avtamonov" <anton.avtamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: matching reference implementation exception behaviour
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 07:26:52 GMT
> Anton Avtamonov wrote:
> > On 4/3/06, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > [SNIP]
> >> Personally, I'd raise JIRA's one at a time when you have fixes
> >> prepared.  That way they can be discussed and we can firm up our
> >> policy on matching behaviour.
> >>

> > Not completely agree. I believe bug report should be done immediately
> > when the problem is discovered. That is the only garantee it is never
> > lost. Besides, sometimes a person who found a problem and a person who
> > makes a patch are
> > not the same :-).
>
> You are right, I should not assume that Alex is in a position to submit
> patches/tests (we would not expect that of our 'end users').
>
> If Alex cannot provide patches then I'd vote for submitting the script
> itself so that Harmony developers can run it and fix the problems.
>
> > Talking about the original Alex's question I think we should have
> > separate JIRA issues for each diffirence. As I remember we decided to
> > document all the deviations and discuss them if they are not trivial.
>
> I thought the conclusion was to document agreed departures in this way
> -- simple bugs that show we don't behave the same as the RI should just
> be fixed.
>
> > The way how we document them is a special JIRA category, right? So,
> > tracking each deviation independent allows us to discuss them and
> > change the category in case we would like to preserve the deviation.
> > Makes sense?
>
> Is anyone suggesting that these should not be fixed?

Well, probably I expressed my idea not clearly enough, sorry for that.
What I tried to say is that if we have separate jira issue for each
deviation and then will be decided that the deviation should not be
fixed we can easily change the category ('Component/s' field) of this
issue to be 'Non-bug differences from RI'.
At the other hand, if we have several differences in the single jira
issue and then decide that one of the differences should not be fixed
we will have to create a separate jira record to document this
deviation.

--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division