harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] charset decoding
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:35:06 GMT
Richard Liang wrote:
> Paulex Yang wrote:
>> I see, the OutputStreamWriterTest does fail, seems there's some
>> problem for CharsetDecoder to handling UTF-8 byte stream, but the
>> InputStreamReader itself should work because it pass all tests for
>> other decoding. I'll go on to study it.
>>
>> And I also realized there is a bug in my former proposal - it cannot
>> support the non-blocking InputStream, so the revisited version is as
>> below:
>>    private void fillBuf() throws IOException {
>>        chars.clear();
>>        int read = 0;
>>        do{
>>            try {
>>                read = in.read(bytes.array());
>>            } catch (IOException e) {
>>                chars.limit(0);
>>                throw e;
>>            }
>>            boolean endOfInput = false;
>>            if(read == -1){
>>                bytes.limit(0);
>>                endOfInput = true;
>>            }else{
>>                bytes.limit(read);
>>            }
>>            decoder.decode(bytes, chars, endOfInput);
>>            bytes.clear();
>>        }while(read > 0 && chars.position() == 0);
>> //the main difference with prior version is to check read>0 instead
>> of read != -1, so that the InputStreamReader based on non-blocking
>> InputStream can return immediatelly
>>        chars.flip();
>>    }
>>
> Yes. It IS a bug of ICU4JNI. I have submitted a bug [1] for ICU and
> have proposed a fix for it.
>
> [1] http://bugs.icu-project.org/cgi-bin/icu-bugs/incoming?findid=5180

Great! Thank you, Richard. Vladimir, how about I attach patch for
InputStreamReader to Harmony-166 at first? At least, it can make
InputStreamReaderTest pass.

Richard, have you tried the OutputStreamWriterTest with your patch for
ICU and my modification to InputStreamReader?

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab