harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Acceptance of HARMONY-114 : rough draft of files that glue Harmony Class Lib to JCHEVM native methods
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:43:21 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> On 27 April 2006 at 4:00, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
>> We have all the docs for HARMONY-114 and they are in SVN
>>
>> Please vote to accept or reject this codebase into the Apache Harmony
>> class library :
>>
>> [ ] + 1 Accept
>> [ ] -1 Reject  (provide reason below)
>>
>> Lets let this run 3 days unless a) someone states they need more time or
>> b) we get all committer votes before then.
>>
>> Go...
>
> Geir,
>
> What exactly are we voting on?  There are issues with JIRA 114 that
> might warrant a -1 vote,

Then vote -1 and explain yourself ;-)

> but that have been improved upon in JIRA 192 and 318.

I sincerely hope that Weldon will continue to work in this area and
contribute updates and patches to his work.

Are you suggesting that we discard HARMONY-114 and ask Weldon to submit
a new bulk contribution questionnaire for 192/318 ?

> Also, I think the adapter should be a separate component from the class
> library rather than part of the class library as suggested by your
> wording.

I think we already agreed where it would go
(enhanced/gnuclasspathadapter/trunk/... or likewise).

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)