harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Testing
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 01:07:13 GMT

Oliver Deakin wrote:
> George Harley wrote:
>> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
>> Of course, the text module has only "implementation-independent tests
>> that designed to be run from classpath". For modules that have got
>> implementation-specific tests then I suppose we could use something
>> like "org.apache.harmony.[module].tests.impl.[package under test]" or
>> "org.apache.harmony.[module].tests.internal.[package under test]" etc.
>> I've got no preference.
>
> I think impl is preferable over internal here, as we already use
> internal in our implementation package names to indicate classes totally
> internal to that bundle. To also use internal to label tests that are
> implementation specific may cause confusion.

I think the whole 'internal' thing is just awful IMO. (Man, it feels
good to stay that...)

Why do we need it?  Eclipse?  OSGi?

Isn't it pre-supposing a packaging system in the source code structur?
(one that I think is pretty unnatural for java programmers....)

I'm 100% behind offering the Harmony classlibs packaged for OSGi, but
I'm 100% against assuming it's the only way to go...

geir