harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internationalized messages
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:12:19 GMT

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
>>> Well, the reason is we did not discuss the topic here
>> Sure.  What would you like to discuss?
>
> 1. Do we put all the messages into one file or per-module?

I'd prefer one catalog per module now that we have the code split up.
The risk is that there will be large duplication of common messages, but
let's see, they should stand alone.

If we do split them up then I guess it makes sense to put the accessor
class and properties files into org.apache.harmony.<component>.internal?

Creating and maintaining these (accessor/strings) is trivial in the
Eclipse string externalization tool.

> 2. When I tried to internationalize it with Eclipse it suggested me
> keys looking
> different way (something like "RandomAccessFile.1"). So what are the keys that
> are liked by most of the people?

I'd prefer the module name '.', i.e. beans.1, beans.2, and so on.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)